DIGITAL EXPERIENCE AT CES, Las Vegas (January 6, 2010) – In its first foray into gaming accessories, Memorex—one of the most widely recognized names in the consumer electronics industry and a portfolio brand of Imation Corp (NYSE: IMN)—today announced a new line of durable and playful accessories for Nintendo Wii™, Wii Fit™ and DSi™.
Inspired by consumer insights and with an eye to the future, the new line includes an expanded-range wireless sensor bar, a MotionPlus™-compatible racing wheel, charging kits and accessory covers. The complete line will be on display at the Pepcom® Digital Experience event from 7 to 10 p.m. tonight at The Mirage.
“Memorex is about creating products that encourage families to have fun together—what we like to call WeTime,” said Jess Walton, global brand manager. “As video game consoles such as Nintendo Wii become an increasingly popular at-home entertainment activity for families, it was a natural fit for us to create gaming accessories that help enhance the experience.”
Playing video games together is a favorite family activity, according to the WeTime Parent Survey recently conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Memorex from November 4–10, 2009. Nearly half (45 percent) of parents selected “playing a video game we can all enjoy” as one of their favorite at-home family WeTime activities. It’s an especially popular WeTime choice for families with “tween” children (ages 8–12), as 51 percent of those parents cited it as a favorite activity and also named the video game console as the number three consumer electronic product their child(ren) use most often (third only to the television and laptop).
The New “Game” Night
Regardless of your family’s gaming style, the new line of Memorex accessories offers thoughtful features and bright colors to help inspire fun moments and memories. Further, all products have undergone extensive product testing and meet multiple third-party quality standards to protect against failure.
- Racing Wheel for Wii – The rubber hits the road with this racing wheel—the only one in the industry to feature rubberized grips for better traction along with a spring-loaded trigger for a true gaming advantage. Additionally, a hidden compartment provides MotionPlus compatibility while still allowing easy access to all controls. MSRP $9.99. Also available in a family three-pack. MSRP $24.99.
- Expanded Range Wireless Sensor Bar for Wii – The innovative curved design of this sensor bar allows for a more expansive playing area with fewer dropped signals, making it perfect for group games such as Rock Band® and Guitar Hero®. An eight-foot charging cable is included and connects to the Wii console, allowing play to continue while charging. MSRP $14.99.
- MotionPlus Remote and Nunchuk™ Sleeve for Wii – Extra-thick padding, horizontal grooves and molded posts protect equipment and enhance grip. MSRP $9.99.
- Dual Controller Charging Kit for Wii – Get a true charge indication while leaving the controller sleeves in place with this dual controller charging kit. Also offers a long-lasting Ni-MH rechargeable battery and dual compatibility with MotionPlus. MSRP $29.99.
- Starter Kit for Wii – Includes a wireless sensor bar, two Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, gold-plated component cable and dual control charger. MSRP $39.99.
- Protective Cover for Wii Fit – The wraparound design provides one of the firmest fits in the industry for increased balance while molded posts and a smooth surface offer bette grip and comfort. MSRP $14.99.
- Fitness Mat for Wii Fit – A must-have for Wii Fit exercisers, this fitness mat offers a thick 3-millimeter cushion and non-slip surface for increased comfort and grip. MSRP $14.99.
- Rechargeable Battery Pack for Wii Fit – Features a long-lasting Ni-MH rechargeable battery and extra-long six-foot cable for added versatility. MSRP $14.99.
- Fitness Starter Kit for Wii Fit – Includes balance board cover, fitness mat and rechargeable battery. MSRP $34.99.
- Protective Case for DSi – Protects your portable DSi console while still providing easy access to all ports and controls, including both digital cameras. An integrated storage compartment holds up to three games and a stylus to make on-the-go gaming easy. MSRP $9.99.
- Car Charging Kit for DS Lite™, DSi and DSi XL™ – This unique 3 -in-1 design works with all DS consoles, including the soon-to-be released DSi XL. MSRP $9.99.
In addition, screen protectors, stylus replacement kits and starter kits eaturing high-quality Memorex CB 25 Earbuds for the Nintendo DSi will also be available. All Memorex gaming accessories will be available in U.S. retail the second quarter of 2010. For additional information, visit www.memorex.com.
WeTime Parent Survey Methodology
The WeTime Parent Survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Memorex between November 4–10, 2009 among 1,344 adults age 18+ who are the parents of children age 0–17 years. No estimates of theoretical sampling error can be calculated; a full methodology is available.
For Press Inquiries