CERRITOS, Calif.- Oct. 30, 2007 - As the hottest musicians, singers, songwriters and celebrity guests prepare for the year’s most high-profile celebration of Latin music, the 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards, each will receive a Memorex-branded bag full of trendy gift items, including the newest Memorex accessories for iPod®. Memorex is one of the most widely recognized names in the consumer electronics industry and a portfolio brand of Imation Corp (NYSE: IMN).
Produced by Distinctive Assets, the Latin GRAMMY Talent Lounge presented by Memorex will host presenters and performers during the two days of rehearsals prior to the 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY celebration on Thursday, Nov. 8. The ultra-trendy Distinctive Assets gift experience includes a choice of products from the new Memorex AmpGear line of iPod accessories, or the Memorex iWake™ clock radio or Memorex iMove™ boombox.
- The Memorex AmpGear Docking Station allows you to easily charge and sync your iPod. The integrated cable management system creates an organized look at home or at the office, as well as providing a secure travel companion.
- Designed exclusively for the first and second generation iPod nano, the Memorex AmpGear Brushed Aluminum Case is a perfect fit. The sturdy, lightweight aluminum grade case has a stylish, brushed finish and a soft Neoprene interior lining to protect your iPod from scratches and damage.
- Compatible with any portable MP3 player, the Memorex AmpGear EarBuds reduce ambient noise with integrated 9mm drivers for crisp, clear sound and powerful bass. Lightweight and available with 3 form-fitting sleeves to accommodate any ear size, these earbuds are ideal for travelers and active lifestyles.
- The Memorex iWake clock radio for iPod starts your day off right with your favorite music - whether from your iPod or the integrated AM/FM radio. It features a white backlit LCD display, snooze function, wireless remote and universal dock to power and charge the iPod. Available in white or black, the iWake utilizes SRS® sound enhancement technology for optimal playback.
- The Memorex iMove boombox for iPod transforms your iPod into a robust stereo system. Featuring a digital AM/FM radio, two speakers and SRS WOW technology sound enhancement, it also powers and charges your iPod with the built-in universal docking station. The iMove also features a white backlit LCD display, an integrated carrying handle, a wireless remote control, and an auxiliary input jack for connecting non-docking iPod devices, CD players and other MP3 players.
“From the Memorex brand’s roots in recording sound so life-like you have to ask, ‘Is it live or is it Memorex?,’ to today’s widespread MP3 culture, Memorex recognizes the importance of music in our lives. This is why we’re proud to be a part of the Latin GRAMMY Awards and a trusted brand for the MP3 Generation,” said Carla Pihowich, director of marketing, Imation. “Memorex’s MP3 accessories are among the hottest products, offering users the ultimate portable music experience.” Memorex MP3 accessories are available at major consumer electronics retailers and office super stores in the U.S.and Canada.
Established in 1999, Distinctive Assets not only produces the gift baskets and talent lounges for most major award shows but also provides product placement, product introduction and branding opportunities within the entertainment industry. Services also include corporate and personal gifting for every occasion.
The Latin GRAMMY Awards
The 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards will be held at the MandalayBayEventsCenterin Las Vegason Nov. 8 andwill be broadcast for the third consecutive year on the Univision Network at 8 p.m./7C. In addition, the broadcast also will be distributed internationally to more than 100 countries.For more information, please visit latingrammy.univision.com.
The Latin Recording Academy® The LatinRecordingAcademyis an international, membership-based organization comprised of Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking recording artists, musicians, songwriters, producers and other creative and technical recording professionals. The organization is dedicated to improving the quality of life and cultural condition for Latin music and its makers. In addition to producing the Latin GRAMMY Awards to honor excellence in the recorded arts and sciences, The Latin Recording Academy provides educational and outreach programs for the Latin music community. For more information about The Latin Recording Academy, please visit www.grammy.com.
Is it live or is it Memorex?®
Memorex, a portfolio brand of Imation Corp (NYSE: IMN), is the U.S.market-share leader in optical media and media accessories at retail. Since the early 1970s, Memorex has been one of the most widely recognized and respected names in the consumer electronics industry. Today, it is an influential brand in CD and DVD media, optical drives and USB flash drives. For more information on Memorex products, please call 562-653-2800, or visit the Memorex Web site at www.memorex.com.
For press inquiries, please contact:
Jamie Ernst Brodeur 210-495-5757 firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorex, the Memorex logo, eMemorex.com, AmpGear, iWake, iMove, “Is it live or is it Memorex?” and Imation are trademarks of Imation Corp and its subsidiaries.All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.